Looking for the #1 Human Resources leader to report to the Company CEO/President for our client; a private, fast growing Retail apparel chain with 100+ locations and a growth plan of up to 10 new locations annually. This is a great opportunity for Retail HR professionals to utilize their experience and skills to build a winning company culture and people-focused strategies.
Position: Chief Human Resources Officer-Corporate HQ
Reports to: President
Our client's Chief Human Resources Officer ensures that HR is a trusted partner who creates value across all Departments by executing the people strategy. This position is responsible for all Human Resources, compliance, employee relations, payroll, benefit, workers' comp and general liability. We are looking for a driven, self-motivated, collaborative executive leader with an entrepreneurial spirit. The winning candidate will be resourceful, a positive culture & capability builder, forward thinking, strategic business partner and committed to company growth and high standards.
• Follow prescribed and where appropriate, develop/recommend new approaches, policies and procedures that effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within and across the division.
• Proactively discovers how HR can help make positive changes that streamline all processes
• Continue to build a company culture by developing workplace practices that support an exceptional employee experience.
• Develops performance improvement plans as needed and counsel on appropriate recommendations/actions.
• Support, counsel, and coach clients in the areas of employee relations and other employment-related workplace issues.
• Assist managing designated aspects of employee compensation (including bonus plans, salary adjustments and annual merit recommendations).
• Manage all recruitment activities that support and align with company’s diversity initiatives and attract top talent.
• Handle/delegate necessary employee communication on policies, practices and general information.
• Advise on legal matters as it relates to compliance, state and federal regulations and impact to employees and/or the business operations.
• Oversee and provide metrics and updates to executive team.
• Compensation and benefits administration and processing, including payroll, workers’ compensation, leaves of absences and performance evaluations.
• Annually review and make recommendations to executive management for improvement of the agency’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
• Demonstrated leadership competencies in talent selection, coaching and development
• Ability to develop an integrated talent strategy that contributes to the advancement of business operations
• Strong employee-relations skillset; can earn trust and credibility with employees in assigned groups
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong client-support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with a wide range of clients, individually and in groups
• Proven influencer; demonstrated ability to coach and counsel both employees and executive-level management
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with senior business leaders, managers, and peers
• Takes ownership; able to establish self as the ‘go-to’ HR resource for client organizations
• Strong business acumen, facilitation, conflict resolution and communication skills
• Project and process management skills, demonstrated track record of delivering results
• Minimum 10-15 years of Human Resources experience developing and initiating human resources strategies in a retail environment, preferably with Apparel retail company background.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration/Management or related discipline
• Proven track record of attracting, leading and retaining high performing teams
• Extensive knowledge of state, local and federal laws effecting employment is required
• Strong problem solving and influencing skills, a hands-on approach in working with management and the ability to work independently in a dynamic environment
• Superior interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Must be comfortable effectively communicating at all levels of the organization from the executive management team to entry-level administrative and hourly staff
• Must have flexibility to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, take direction from multiple people, and handle pressure in a positive manner