Location: SW Ontario office-based position
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Grasslands Recruitment Specialists is recruiting a full-time Chief Financial Officer. This senior position is based out of a company office in SW Ontario and will involve periodic travel across Canada. The position will report directly to the owners of the company and is the ideal fit for a forward-looking person who aspires to take on a key role in a growing company.
ABOUT GRASSLANDS RECRUITMENT SPECIALISTS
We are a recruiting company that has been connecting Canadian agriculture since 1996. With well over 80 years of combined experience in the industry, we provide specialized recruiting services for our clients. Our focus is to find the best candidate for our client employers and the perfect opportunity for career seekers. As a search firm, we have dedicated our resources to being an integral part of the continued growth and diversity of the Canadian agricultural economy. Our team is strategically placed throughout the Canadian labor market- understanding the needs of national and international agribusiness employers. We take the time to understand individuals’ career aspirations, and then work to match them with our clients’ opportunities. We are not algorithms; we are people helping people!
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client had humble beginnings in 1990 as a name-brand dairy milking equipment dealer. Since that time, this privately held firm has expanded their scope to include automated milking robots, stabling, manure management, plumbing and ventilation services. Most recently, they acquired 2 milking equipment dealerships in Western Canada. In addition to the milking equipment sales, service, and installation business, they are also involved in the design, build and operation of renewable energy biogas plants, the construction of agricultural structures and the manufacturing of dairy farm equipment.
They have grown steadily over the last 30+ years by focusing on their customers’ long-term success. Today, the group of companies employs over 110 team members. They are proud to offer the best for their people; their practice is to hire people ready to grow and excel. They know their people are their greatest asset and they provide the opportunity to have a career, not just a job.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF THE CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
As the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), all your activities will be focused on achieving strategic priorities - creating financial value and profitable growth, constantly stimulating change and the progress of the financial/risk management operation of the business and searching for opportunities that continuously improve yourself personally and professionally. It is an expectation that you will lead with moral authority and demonstrate the values and purpose of the business in every action, excelling in your leading, coaching, inspiring and support of others to be self-directed and accountable.
- Accountable for all financial and risk management operations
- Proactively building financial sustainability and strength
- Build free cash flow, accelerating strategic growth
- Manage capital requests and budgeting processes, aligning them to strategic map
- Mitigate and manage risk profile including legal, insurance, regulatory, foreign exchange
- Establish and implement financial and tax strategies, tactics, and actions
- Ensure record-keeping meets requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Keep the owners informed of matters important to the financial effectiveness and efficiency of the organization
- Work as part of the Executive team; making decisions regarding expansion, investments, acquisitions, alliances, and other strategic growth activities
AM I A GOOD FIT FOR THIS UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY?
You bring an extremely strong attention to detail. Your post-secondary degree in Finance or Accounting, along with your CA, CPA or CMA designation is required.
- Minimum 5+ years financial/accounting experience demonstrating a high level of accounting knowledge and experience
- Ability to quickly grasp the organization’s financial management and accounting issues and solutions
- Previous experience successfully communicating with customers, internal employees, vendors, and external accountants
- Demonstrated history of successfully leading others
- Established ability to work independently, take full ownership of the job and set your schedule to meet job requirements
- Proven ability to operate as part of a fast-paced office environment/team
- Able to manage stress and deadlines with a calm demeanour
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience working in a service, project and/or fabrication shop office/operations environment is favourable
- Knowledge of SAP Business One
- Solid working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook and Excel
READY TO MOVE FORWARD?