CFO wanted! Our client, a private $200M grocery wholesale/retail company, has retained us to conduct a search for a CFO. Total compensation up to $200K.
Chief Financial Officer
Our client is a 3rd
generation family-owned company, established in 1915. Their business is split between retail and wholesale operations headquartered in Baltimore Maryland. There are several local traditional retail grocery stores plus (3) wholesale operations including (2) Outlets and a Distribution Center that also houses the corporate offices. The combined company revenue is approaching $200mm annually.
Our client is looking for an experienced Financial Executive to join their team of professionals and provide leadership and guidance instrumental the client's growth and success. In addition, the CFO will be a very instrumental contributor to the development of the company’s financial and strategic plans. The CFO will report directly to the CEO. The CFO position will have oversite and accountability for the administrative, finance, HR/Payroll, and risk management operations of the company.
- CPA and/or MBA preferred. Undergrad degree in either Finance/Accounting
- 5 years plus of progressively responsible or senior finance/accounting leadership experience at a minimum Director, Controller or CFO level
- Experience in grocery retail, grocery wholesale and/or Food/Consumables to include Retail accounting experience is highly preferred
- Experience working for family or privately owned business is beneficial.
- Should have experience working with an executive team and board of directors.
- Possess strong leadership skills, a collaborative personality, and a forward-thinking mindset.
- Financial Expectations
- Collaborate with executive team in formulating the annual budget and strategic objectives.
- Oversee the organizations financial and tax strategies in partnership with our accountants.
- Develop performance measures to monitor the implementation and progress of the company’s strategic business plan and initiatives.
- Prepare monthly-quarterly financial statements and board presentation.
- Oversee and maintain general ledger, balance sheet and cash flow.
- Prepare schedules and assist accountants with annual review.
- Manage acquisitions due diligence, capital request and ROI reporting.
- Manage and maintain relationships with all financial/accounting third parties (IE accountants, bank, attorney’s...) and other outsourced functions.
- Prepare the financials for our sister companies (Green Properties and Liquor Depot).
- Provide Ad Hoc financial analysis and support as needed.
- Human Resources
- Oversee the company’s employment benefit programs.
- Manage the oversite of the 401k program.
- Review weekly payroll processing and reporting.
- Collaborate with VP of Operations and HR Director on policy, training, disciplinary actions, and other HR guidelines
- Risk Management
- Maintain proper insurance coverage.
- Understand and put plans in place to monitor and reduce the company’s risk profile.
- Oversee loss prevention.
- Responsible for managing external audits, inspections, and investigations.
- Manage and maintain all regulatory and governmental expectation pertaining to reporting, licensing, and code.
- Responsible for the oversight of all leases (buildings, vehicles, and equipment).
- Negotiation of Non-Product contract (IE trash removal, electricity, insurance).
- Periodic government reporting.