We have a very exciting opportunity for a Chief Engineer to join this legacy company and be a part of turning the dial in time. The primary purpose of the position is to plan, direct and coordinates activities concerned with design, construction, modification, and maintenance of equipment and machinery in the plant.
This position reports to the Plant Manager and will have approx. 12 direct reports.
• Directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment, and in maintenance of buildings, and grounds.
• Manages preventative maintenance program – creation, scheduling, and completion.
• Enforces all applicable safety rules and company policies. Leads by example.
• Reviews work orders to determine work priorities and ensures completion.
• Accountable for creation of annual repair and maintenance budget and monthly
performance to budget.
• Manages capital projects – bid collection, project approval requests, spending, and
• Ensures that maintenance shop, parts storage areas, and support equipment areas are
maintained in a neat, organized, and clean manner.
• Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to
ensure continuous production operations.
• Directs maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat,
steam, electric power, gas, or air required for operations.
• Leads continuous improvement projects.
• Active engagement in waste reduction including machine downtime reduction and
• Establishes and maintains communication across shifts and departments including shift
notes, in person pass downs, shift meetings etc.
• Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies required for operations.
• Actively participates in plant reviews, key performance metric reviews, and operations
• Onboarding, coaching, mentoring and training new employees in job duties.
• Serves as the site emergency response coordinator as needed.
• Must be available (on-call) to handle maintenance related emergencies that occur during off-shift hours including holidays and weekends.
• College education: Bachelor’s degree in a business, science, or engineering field preferred.
• 5 years or more of food manufacturing operational leadership experience.
• Dairy experience desired but not mandatory.
• NH3 refrigeration experience is desirable.
• Waste Water pretreatment experience is desirable.
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive base salary with a discretionary bonus and a competitive benefits package.