We have a very exciting opportunity for an Assistant Chief Engineer to join this legacy company and be a part of turning the dial in time. The primary purpose of the position is to plan, direct, and coordinates activities and technicians concerned with maintenance of equipment and machinery in the plant.
This position reports to the Chief Engineer.
• Directs and coordinates activities of technicians engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment, and in maintenance of buildings, and grounds.
• Manages preventative maintenance program – creation, scheduling, and completion.
• Enforces all applicable safety rules and company policies. Leads by example.
• Reviews work orders to determine work priorities and ensures completion.
• Ensures that maintenance shop, parts storage areas, and support equipment areas are maintained in a neat, organized, and clean manner.
• Leads continuous improvement projects.
• Active engagement in waste reduction including machine downtime reduction and throughput improvements.
• Establishes and maintains communication across shifts and departments including shift notes, in person pass downs, shift meetings etc.
• Onboarding, coaching, mentoring and training new employees in job duties.
• Must be available (on-call) to handle maintenance related emergencies that occur during off-shift hours including holidays and weekends.
• College education: Bachelor’s degree in a business, science, or engineering field preferred.
• 5 years or more of food manufacturing operational leadership experience.
• Dairy experience desired but not mandatory.
• NH3 refrigeration experience is desirable.
• Waste Water pretreatment experience is desirable.
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive base salary with a discretionary bonus and a competitive benefits package.