Position: Chief Engineer
Locations: Denver, CO
Salary: $86,000 to $95,000 DOE
JOB DESCRIPTION: Chief Engineer
SUMMARY: Performs various job tasks within the Maintenance department, including, but not limited to, installation, repairs, and corrections to machinery to ensure the proper running of bakery equipment. Also shared responsibility for appropriate documentation and adhering to all Federal, State, and Local Health Codes and Laws. And other utility functions, as assigned. Will perform tasks to assist Department Managers and give guidance to Associates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned):
- Lead the requirements of delivering performance and scheduling of all Maintenance employees and assigning their
- Principle backup for ensuring planned responsibilities for the mechanical, electrical, and operational performance of equipment & systems on all production lines, all support equipment, and the physical
- Reports to Maintenance and Operations management regularly as to the needs and condition of the plant, including equipment performance and potential repair items.
- Plans and manages the effective use of department and budget resources for repairs, maintenance labor costs, and project expenses.
- Manages parts and supplies requisitioning programs as well as the parts inventory
- Has the primary responsibility for managing the development, implementing, and updating of the Master Preventative Maintenance Schedule (COGZ) & seeking ways to maximize its full capabilities to provide data that produces better total plant
- Develops individualized training & training programs used for new mechanics/engineers’ members and training required for existing personnel that produces continued development; including processes, machinery systems, and tools; and supervision
- Use guided judgment in managing personnel, mechanical and financial
- Possesses 5-10 years of exceptional knowledge of the bakery equipment, systems, and process, including timing issues that understand and support the Production & Sanitation
- Possess understanding and fundamentals of mechanical and electrical diagnosis and general concepts of hydraulics and
- Perform diagnostic work on all disciplines on all systems and processes listed
- Plans directs & coordinates with outside vendors to assist in correcting issues & planned & emergency projects and
- Works as part of the team that ensures compliance for Company liaison with EPA, Utilities, Water Department, and other
- Assists with developing Maintenance business plans for large projects, which include financial scenarios, timing, and
- Abide by all GMPs, Personal, and Food Safety
- Manages maintenance staff to prevent and resolve employee performance
- Complies with all Federal, State, and Municipal laws and
- Shares Best Practices with other plants and
- PLC knowledge, Rslogix, Studio 5000, Rs500, Factory Troubleshooting and repairing compact logix.
- Other duties may be assigned as business
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements below represent the required knowledge, skill, and ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires a confident and assertive individual with a take-charge mentality committed to individual success and progression; in conjunction, the information that this position is exposed to is highly confidential and requires the individual to maintain the integrity of personal data confidentially.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
High School Diploma or equivalent. An associate degree in engineering is preferred—vocational School with equivalent experience and training.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must be able to read, comprehend and communicate in English on a level sufficient to understand and be understood in a loud environment. Must be able to read and interpret documents such as service proposals, contracts, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. This individual must be able to read and compose professional reports and correspondence to recipients within and outside the organization. This individual must be able to communicate professionally by phone and email.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures using a calculator and spreadsheet; calculation by touch is preferred.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to anticipate challenges such as problems in achieving deadlines early enough to report to management with a resolution to issues.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Walk up and down stairs (6-20) steps two to ten times per
- Walk from 15 to 100 feet two to ten times per shift.
- Lifting 5 to 50lbs one to ten repetitions per week
- Able to stand for up to 12 hours while working with and around
- Able to work in temperatures from 90 to 110 degrees Fahrenheit and humidity levels as high as 98%.
- Able to stoop, bend and crouch regularly to check equipment or supplies in low-lying
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate. When employees enter the warehouse, yard, or Shop areas, they will be exposed to extremes in temperature, slick walking surfaces, and dust.
The office requires entry by stairways of from three to seventeen steps.
Click here to apply online