GeneCoda has been engaged to identify and evaluate candidates, for a Chief Business Officer (CBO) to be located in the Maryland (MD) area.
About Our Client:
Our client is leveraging an advanced materials platform that can solve clinical and non-clinical hemostatic and wound treatment challenges. By making molecular modifications to natural biopolymers, our client’s patented approach provides rapid hemostasis in a clean, safe healing environment, supported by a strong intellectual property portfolio, multiple peer-reviewed publications, and FDA approval for use in both clinical and consumer applications. Recent approvals and engagements with the FDA are driving commercialization efforts for already cleared products while continuing the development of products for surgical and traumatic indications.
Our client seeks an experienced and transformative hands-on leader, who will bring high-energy, integrity and drive to deliver superior results. Our client is seeking a CBO to take responsibility for partnering product lines across multiple markets while contributing to the next phase of growth and value creation. He/she will work with the current c-level team and will report directly to the CEO.
First Year Goals:
- Complete partnership or other business relationship that supports commercialization of a first product in the Vascular Closure Franchise;
- Identify the best non-organic co-development relationship and engage potential partners in that market; and
- Engage potential partners/acquirers for the surgical program/company.
- Lead organizational execution of our business development and commercialization efforts to ensure priority projects/initiatives, as agreed to with the CEO/BOD, are completed on time/budget.
- Define future market requirements for surgical products including market potential, product development, registration, commercialization strategy/tactics, and investment/decision milestones with contingencies.
- Work with internal team and external partners to optimize the value of existing FDA label approvals in vascular access and OTC applications by establishing near term (1-2 years) and accretive revenue/income stream.
- Work closely with CEO, CSO, and others in setting long-term strategy and defining plans to ensure timely execution.
- Be responsible for supporting and maintaining a culture of collaboration, accountability, integrity, trust, and customer/market focus in all internal and external interactions.
Bachelor’s in Business, Science, Engineering or Finance. Advanced Degree preferred.
A minimum of 15 years in progressive leadership roles within a medical products or life-sciences company.
A minimum of 3-5 years’ management experience in two of the following disciplines: Business Development, Marketing, Product Development, Manufacturing/Operations
- Leadership experience in developing, registering, and launching implantable devices for use in surgery.
- Lead assessment, development of business case, valuation and structuring, negotiation, closing, contract preparation, and implementation of successful external alliances and agreements (e.g. license/acquisition) from the sell-side perspective
- Ability to handle ambiguity and rapid change in high growth business model
- Big and small company experience
- Ready to start day 1 as a leader within the organization, having earned that right through successful experience, in each of the priority areas of responsibility.
- Results oriented self-starter, who is comfortable leading, doing, or managing a third party to complete the job to be done.
- Leadership presence, with the ability to present clearly and concisely, to quickly build credibility and trust with company stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems and address conflict, both individually and as part of a team.
GeneCoda® refers qualified applicants for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, disability, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, family medical history or genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected military status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.