The Town of Milk River is a vibrant small community in close proximity to both the City of Lethbridge and the Canada/United States Port of Entry at Coutts/Sweet Grass. Milk River is supported by a thriving agricultural sector with many family farms. The town offers medical, education, economic and recreational opportunities, with the majority of businesses being owned and operated by residents of the local area.
The Village of Warner has a lot to offer local residents of all ages. We have an active seniors population and the Warner school has kids from K-12 that thrive in a small-town environment. There are many curling leagues, minor hockey teams and volunteer groups.
Please visit www.milkriver.ca or warner.ca to learn more about the municipalities.
Reporting to the Mayor(s) and Council(s)
This position will provide leadership to both the Town of Milk River and the Village of Warner with a focus on building collaborative relationships internally and externally for both municipalities.
- Work 3 days/week in the Town of Milk River and 2 days/week in the Village of Warner.
- Provide leadership to the management team and staff.
- Overall administration of all municipal operations, i.e., implementation of Town bylaws, policies, plans and programs.
- Ensure all operations are within compliance of the Municipal Government Act.
- Perform the role of development officer for both communities.
- Grow the communities based on their individual strengths.
- A progressive leadership record demonstrating positive relationships with elected officials, staff and communities.
- Senior management experience in municipal government.
- Understanding of, and ability to adhere to the Municipal Government Act.
- Grant researching & writing experience.
- Ability to foster a positive working environment by displaying a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Meeting deadlines and goals.
- Excellent communication and management skills.
- Possession of or working toward completion of a designation in Local Government.
- A post-secondary education in a related discipline.
- $100-125,000 Annual Salary
- Cooperative Councils.
- Comprehensive Municipal Benefit Package.
- Long Term Stability.
- Collaborative and Progressive, Team-based Environment.
- Ability to Develop and Continuously Learn.
Please send resume to email@example.com or submit at hire-standard.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those considered will be contacted.
By applying to this position you agree to receive email communication from Hire Standard