Chief Accountant - Calgary
Our client a joint venture pipeline construction company is searching for an Accountant. Working on the TMEP project you will be accountable for the accounting operations of the company including but not limited to accurate and timely periodic financial reporting, maintaining accounting and operational controls, and maintaining appropriate accounting records. The incumbent achieves this through support from the Chief Accountant along with the Finance Managers.Your success will be defined by your ability to:
Your strengths include:
- Oversee accounting procedures, internal controls (implementing, monitoring, enhancing), and database management.
- Audit work flow to assure that all accounting transactions are appropriately authorized.
- Supervise and prepare monthly journal entries.
- Prepare and review timely and accurate financial reports
- Utilize management reporting in the analysis of financial data.
- Review general ledger reconciliations.
- Conduct an analysis of various monthly/quarterly reconciliations as well as management reporting; highlighting major variances and unusual transactions for Senior Management.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for review and audit.
- Reference financial statements and verify to supporting reconciliations; foot and check accuracy.
- Assist with and delegate various projects assigned by Senior Management.
- Assist other departments with various projects when time permits.
- Perform duties according to the company’s quality system procedures and work instructions.
- Completion or near completion of post-secondary accounting designation.
- 5+ years of senior level accounting experience
- Previous experience in the oil & gas pipeline construction industry is recommended.
- Organized, analytical, detail-oriented individual with exceptional communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and an affinity for software systems.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please click the “Apply”
button to send your resume directly to Esmond Desilva.Recruitment Partners Inc.
is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Accounting & Finance - Sales & Operations - Supply Chain - Human Resources - Office Support - Technology
Contact us today - Your Search Partner