Are you a Chemist with hands-on experience performing lab testing of petroleum products? Are you knowledgeable in distillation, vapor pressure, flash points, Gas Chromatography, GC Mass Spec, and Ion Chromatography (IC)?
If so, please apply for our excellent opportunity for an experienced Laboratory Chemist!
About the Opportunity: Join an Industry Leader! Our client is a well-established energy company that's currently in a growth and expansion mode, and has an excellent culture of safety, integrity, and teamwork. Professionals here enjoy excellent financial rewards and accessible opportunities for advancement.
How You'll Contribute: In this role, you will conduct all chemistry and laboratory tests and help train others to perform standard tests on raw materials, intermediates, and finished products in a petroleum refinery laboratory.
- Perform Quality Assurance testing, documentation, analysis, recording, and certifying results
- Create QA documents & protocols, develop new methods and procedures
- Diagnose & repair lab equipment malfunctions
- Perform routine and corrective maintenance and calibrations on lab equipment
Other duties may include sampling, testing, and compliance monitoring, operating chromatographs, analyzing data, and monitoring the process control of plant streams, purity of products, and composition of fuel gases, liquified petroleum products, and various levels of hydrogen.
The Experience and Education You Will Bring:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry or related field
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in a laboratory setting
- Advanced knowledge of laboratory testing procedures, methods, and equipment including distillation, vapor pressure, flash points, GC/GC Mass Spec, and IC
- Working knowledge of petroleum products and testing
- Ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
* Please note: Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the United States, on a full time basis, for any employer.
Compensation: $60,000 - $100,000 commensurate with experience
How to Apply: For IMMEDIATE consideration, please email resume to email@example.com. Thank you!