Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Chemist.
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To manage and control chemical processes and materials associated with the processing of aircraft parts within Treatments.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- To undertake the chemical analysis of treatment tank contents to ensure that they meet customer specifications.
- To control the site effluent processing to ensure compliance to environmental standards
- To provide guidance and instruction to the effluent plant process operators to ensure effective and safe running of the site effluent plant
- Ordering and inward verification/testing of chemicals and associated materials
- Technical review of documentation and specifications as required
- Day to day running of the laboratory functions
- To produce and maintain accurate records
- Carry out salt spray testing in line with customer specification requirements
- To maintain and manage lab/test equipment including calibration
- Assist in second and third party audit activities including NADCAP and AS9100 criteria
- To manage the onsite storage and subsequent disposal of hazardous waste streams for all Wrexham facilities
- To attend environmental steering group ESG
- Line management responsibility for 5 Operators
- Minimum A-level in Chemistry. Preferable Degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering
- Membership of relevant institute or professional body preferable
- A minimum of 7 years experience in a similar industrial chemical environment
- A minimum of 3 years experience of line management of teams/personnel
- NADCAP essentials
- AS9100 desired
- Good Communicator at all levels
- Time management
- Organisational skills and handling multiple tasks
- Writing and compilation of technical reports
- Can use a computer and competent in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Problem solver & decision maker
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!