Responsible for developing new emulsion polymers (acrylic , styrene/acrylic and vinyl acetate / acrylic) for coatings and adhesive applications and scaling these emulsion polymers into production.
The position is the senior member of the emulsion polymer synthesis team and reports to the R&D Director.
Position will have direct contact with Sales Director and will make visits as required to customers.
This position is also responsible for the safe operation of the emulsion polymer synthesis laboratory and adherence to all environmental, health and safety requirements.
Position will participate as required in the monthly meeting of the business team.
• Self-motivated chemist with strong analytical, planning and communication.
• College Degree – Chemistry or equivalent.
• 5-10 Years Emulsion Polymers – polymerization techniques (core/shell, single stage), functional monomers (acrylonitrile, AAEM etc ), self – crosslinking etc.
• Formulation of emulsion polymers for coatings and adhesive applications.
• Computer skills – Excel, Powerpoint.
• Design of Experiments (DOE) software.