LED Process Development and commercialization of new products.
- Develop robust processes for the target compounds that ensure safe and reproducible scaling in large scale equipment.
- Develop alternate synthetic routes to target molecules, and modify reactants and/or equipment as required.
- Solve complex chemical problems which may arise during process development, optimization or scale up of processes.
- Understand the concepts of reaction kinetics, design of experiments, solubility and crystallization, mass transfer, heat transfer and process safety.
- Supervise the work of scientists assigned.
- Maintain familiarity with the Chemical Hygiene Plan.
- Applies scientific principles for research programs involving product development, processing, manufacturing technology, and quality control.
- Maintains accurate records of all development projects.
- Experience with or ability to master the use of modern research tools such as EasyMax, PolyBlock, Continuous Flow Reactors, and in-situ process monitoring.
- PhD in Organic Chemistry with 5+ years’ experience or BS/MS in Organic Chemistry with 8+ years’ experience.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in Synthetic Organic Chemistry in Fine Chemicals or APIs and their intermediates.
- Experience in Process Development and Scale-up of new chemical entities.
- Ability to work within a team environment in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Customer-facing experience in a technical capacity.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.