JOB TITLE: Research Chemist-Formulations
We manufacture and develop industrial detergents in Ohio and various Manufacturing Centers in the US, in order to serve the needs of a wide variety of industries including vehicles and parts, food and beverage, floor maintenance, asphalt treatments, dust control, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, oil and gas, odor control, and many others. We are unique because we focus on delivering custom-formulated solutions to refillable containers supporting better health, ease of handling, and safety for everyone.
We are a “customer focused” company always seeking the best solution from problem solving to application training while continually developing product improvements that meet or exceed EPA Requirements.
Our Company has low turnover and our culture is positive with a collaborative team oriented approach to supporting customers. We provide a balanced life style and encourage employees’ family time. Good health habits are also important, and we provide on-site fitness programs for all employees as well as a competitive benefit package.
We have an immediate need for a Research Chemist who has experience with Chemical Formulations for Industrial Detergents or other closely related product areas. This individual will develop compound and/or custom formulations to meet customer specifications and requirements within a product grouping such as food sanitation, parts washing, vehicle cleaning, odor control and may assume other responsibilities for development of very unique solutions. Our team of Chemists work closely together and will often share development experiences across product groups and will have some direct contact with customers. The ideal Candidate will enjoy a wide variety of experiences and contacts and ongoing contact with management, field staff and remote Manufacturing Centers.
(1) BS in Chemistry plus 2 or more years of directly relatable experience in formula development.
(2) Industry experience related to cleaning agents, detergents and/or similar product categories.
(3) A solid industry knowledge of surfactants, and their uses in a commercial setting.
(4) Working knowledge of environmental issues and EPA Standards and processes. Excellent Lab skills including documentation, testing, equipment, organization and overall efficiency.
(5) Ability to handle concurrent projects and support for team efforts.
(6) Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to explain technical details, write reports, and communicate complex ideas to other internal staff and customers.