Coatings Application Development Scientist
The Advanced Technical Support Engineer - CAS (also referred to as an Application Development Engineer or ADE) provides the technical expertise required to develop new businesses for existing and new products. The ADE must understand the needs of customers, establish long-term relationships, and deliver technical solutions.
Laboratory work and Formulations development
- Development of new formulations demonstrating the performance benefits of product portfolio based on a strong understanding of the industry customer needs and end-use applications
- Understanding of competitive technologies, ability to identify alternatives to existing competitive grades
- Independently plan and execute laboratory work in support of customer requests, new product launches, quality complaints and assessment of competitive materials as assigned
- Create the instructions/guidelines with the response on main customers’ technical questions and issues
- Maintain and promote a safe laboratory environment in accordance with applicable quality standards
- Support of new introductions including the development of formulations and the creation of technical literature
- Supply creative input into the design of new products that provide added value in the market. This should include the definition of clear technical targets and Value Proposition.
Support for Marketing, Sales, and Technology
- Work closely with marketing, sales, technology, and other teams to identify new business opportunities to drive growth for the business.
- Active participation in the calls and meetings, providing valuable feedback on Momentive colleagues requests
- Share the information regarding local markets update, customers’ success stories, new benefits, and performance of Momentive or competitive products.
- Provide support to the ADE team members searching for the information to respond to customers’ issues
Customers and Distributors support
- Independently provide professional customer support related to the use of new and existing products: presenting technologies, answering questions, troubleshooting, translating customer needs, and providing technical and marketing recommendations
- Arrange regular distributors/customers/new employees’ training
- Create promotional literature and other tools (flyers/new presentations/videos) to support distribution teams
- Have the ability to develop close relations with customers/distributors
Pro-active marketing activities
- Be an active participant of exhibitions/seminars/other events, and represent MPM in public platforms when needed.
- Help with organization and sample preparation for those activities.
- Good understanding of market trends and the ability to use this knowledge while talking with external and internal customers in exhibitions/seminars/trade shows.
Travel up to 50%
- Technical Degree or commensurate technical work experience
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in application development.
- Experience in the desired industry/segment in Application Development, and/or Product Development and/or Technical Service role.
- Familiarity with the use and application of common raw materials used in the desired industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have the ability to independently perform or coordinate any required analytical testing, interpret results and draw conclusions for review with scientists and engineers
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience working in a cross-functional team environment with a strong customer focus.
- Problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- Ability to lead projects with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated skill in the formulation of industry product forms
- Able to effectively communicate results clearly and precisely and document conclusions and recommendations including authorship of formal reports
- M.S in an applicable technical discipline.
- Creative self-starter