Magellan Aerospace Processing New York has an exciting new opportunity for a Chemical Processing Technical Lead. In this Full-Time Permanent Position, the successful incumbent will be responsible for the overall technical operation of all chemical processes. This is achieved through the review of non-conformances and quality data, extensive Root Cause and Corrective Action investigations, continuous improvement projects aimed at rework reduction and process optimization, and the review of customer and internal process requirements. The Chemical Processing Technical Lead will also supports both internal and external process audits, and Quality Assurance Laboratory periodic quality control testing.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Free parking
- Perform internal and external non-conformances through Root Cause and Corrective Action methods
- Assist QA Lab with periodic testing and solution analysis
- Track Chemical Processing related Quality Issues and drive them to closure in a timely manner
- Contribute to continual improvement and optimization of chemical processes
- Training and qualification of chemical process operators
- Conduct internal audits
- Perform periodic surveillance audits as required with existing Customers
- Prepare and revise internal standard operating procedures
- Review and interpret customer specifications
- Assist in maintaining third party accreditation, such as Nadcap, AS9100, etc.
- Four year college degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Familiar with ISO9001, AS9100, Nadcap and Quality Management Systems
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in laboratory, engineering or quality department, preferably within the aerospace industry
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable in Quality Assurance practices
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint to accomplish day-to-day work activities
- Ability to read and understand procedures and specifications
- Strong organizational skills
- Reliable and driven
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!