Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace Processing, New York has a great opportunity for a Chemical Processing Technical Lead. The successful incumbent will be responsible for the overall technical operation of all chemical processes. This is achieved through the review of non-conformances and quality data, extensive Root Cause and Corrective Action investigations, continuous improvement projects aimed at rework reduction and process optimization, and the review and implementation of customer and internal process requirements. The Chemical Processing Technical Lead also supports both internal and external process audits, and Quality Assurance Laboratory periodic quality control testing.
- Perform internal and external non-conformances through Root Cause and Corrective Action methods
- Review and implementation of customer and internal process requirements
- Track Chemical Processing related Quality Issues and drive them to closure in a timely manner
- Contribute to continual improvement and optimization of chemical processes
- Training and qualification of chemical process operators
- Conduct internal audits
- Perform periodic surveillance audits as required with existing Customers
- Prepare and revise internal standard operating procedures
- Review and interpret customer specifications
- Assist in maintaining third-party accreditation, such as Nadcap, AS9100, etc.
- Four year college degree in Chemistry or Chemical engineering
- High School Diploma and/or extensive experience in the specific field is considered as an alternative.
- Familiar with ISO9001, AS9100, Nadcap and Quality Management Systems
- A minimum of 2 years working in laboratory, engineering or quality department, preferably within the aerospace industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance practices
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Project, and Power Point required to accomplish day-to-day work activities; excellent oral and written communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)