Magellan Aerospace Processing, New York has an exciting new opportunity for a Chemical Processing General Helper. The successful incumbent will work under the supervision of the certified Chemical processing Operator (Plating, Anodizing etc.) and perform general duties in the department including racking, un-racking, unmasking, cleaning, organizing in accordance with route card instruction, internal procedures and customer specifications. The Chemical Processing General Helper is responsible for safely working in a chemical environment with all safety equipment and safe guards. Please note this position operates under the day shift.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Free parking
- Performs unmasking & cleaning operations per instructions, as required
- Assist in Racking, un-racking, loading and unloading of parts
- Contribute to 6S and continuous improvement efforts
- Verify all internal procedures and customer requirements are followed and met, including accurately inputting data onto Route Card
- Maintain the work area in a clean, safe and hazard free manner
- Track supplies and ask Supervisor to order in a timely manner and maintain an accurate list of materials and supplies for ordering purposes
- Train and certify for Chemical processes as necessary
- High School Diploma or GED
- A minimum of 1 year of working in an industrial environment preferably, other experience will be considered.
- Ability to read and interpret documents written in English
- Due to ITAR regulations, this position requires that the employee must be a U.S. Person (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident).
- Spanish would be a plus
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs regularly, and 100 lbs on occasion.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.