Magellan Aerospace Processing New York has an exciting new opportunity for a Chemical Processing General Helper. In this Full-Time Permanent position, the successful incumbent will work under the supervision of the certified Chemical processing Operator. The Chemical Processing General Helper will perform general duties in the department including racking, un-racking, unmasking, cleaning and verify that all internal procedures and customer requirements are followed and met in accordance with route card instruction and customer specifications.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Free parking
- Perform unmasking & cleaning operations per instructions, as required
- Assist in Racking, un-racking, loading and unloading of parts
- Contribute to 6S and continuous improvement efforts
- Verify all internal procedures and customer requirements are followed and met, including accurately inputting data onto Route Card
- Maintain the work area in a clean, safe and hazard free manner
- Track list of materials and supplies in order to assist Supervisor in the ordering of supplies
- Write detailed and legible notes and correspondence
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Train and certify for Chemical processes as necessary
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year of experience, preferably in an industrial environment
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, work instructions, software manuals, warehouse work orders and inventories in English
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Strong communication skills
- Good mathematical and calculation skills
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs regularly, and 100 lbs on occasion.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel preferred
- Employee must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident due to ITAR regulations
- Fluency in Spanish will be considered a plus
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!