Magellan Aerospace New York has an exciting opportunity for Chemical Processing Operator. The person will become an integral part of our Operations team and will focus on making sure that all product is processed per route card instruction and customer specifications. Core responsibility of this position is to work safely in a chemical environment with all safety equipment and safe guards.
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package
• Generous 401k Pension Plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Employee Assistance Program
• Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program (where applicable)
• Free parking
• Follow specific route card instructions and company procedures to ensure proper end product results
• Interpret specifications and blueprints for allowable tolerances and variations in process procedures
• Use safety equipment as dictated by the work area (i.e. safety goggles, dust mask, hard hat, respirator, face shield, hearing protection, gloves, and aprons)
• Determine priority of jobs, plan sequence of operations, and perform surface preparation prior to and after processing, chemically cleaning, electroplating or chemical coating of parts in the solutions using hoists, chemical baths, electrical current, tank temperatures, agitation speed, and immersion times to obtain specified thickness and texture of plating or coating - Load and unload parts from racks and holding fixtures while regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts
• Visually or dimensionally inspect parts for defects to ensure that parts meet specifications and suggest corrective actions as necessary
• Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Design, build and operate experimental setups consistent with safe work practices
• High School Diploma or GED
• 1-3 years of experience in a manufacturing/distribution environment required, previous experience handling chemicals is preferred. 2 year technical degree preferred with computer training in logic control systems
• Fluency in Spanish would be an advantage
• Strong mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to read and interpret documents written in English such as procedure manuals, work instructions, software manuals, warehouse work orders and inventories. Ability to write legible notes and correspondence in English. Ability to speak and communicate well with coworkers and superiors in English.
• Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day. Please refer to SOP for facial hair guidelines.
• Disciplined in following procedures, recording measurements, documenting travelers, process logs, recorder charts and tank information.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!