Corporate Process Engineer coordinates various Process Engineering activities across all of the company manufacturing sites to ensure correct and consistent execution. This includes mentoring less experienced Process Engineers and providing technical direction based on guidelines outlined by the Corporate Process Engineering Group. This role will also be instrumental in the progress of Process Automation and will assist the Automation group in designing, testing, and commissioning new automation systems and techniques. In pursuit of these duties, the Corporate Process Engineer will lead by example in the maintenance of the companies Environmental, Health, Safety and Quality management systems. More specifically, the role will actively participate in Manufacturing and Quality governance.
The Corporate Process Engineer provides innovative, cutting-edge data analysis and data-management solutions for the control and continual improvement of our manufacturing processes This is accomplished through the use of existing tools and the development and discovery of new tools. When new tools and techniques are identified and implemented, the Corporate Process Engineer will provide guidance to the manufacturing site Process Engineers in their successful deployment.
- Bachelor Degree in a related Engineering field or a Masters Degree or higher in a physical science such as chemistry or physics.
- 5 years’ experience working with a manufacturing process.
- Experience in the chemical or paper industry preferred.
- Experience in DCS and/or PLC control systems
- Experience working with Process Historians
- Experience in Process Modeling and/or Process Improvement Methodologies
- Chemical engineering skills, mass and energy balances
- Knowledge of distributive process control systems such as Emerson’s DeltaV system
- Advanced process control capabilities
- Understanding of HAZOP Facilitation and PSM
- Knowledge of data historians
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black belt is an asset
- Registered as a Professional Engineer is an asset
- Computer operations for extended periods
- Ability to coach and mentor employees
- Take part/lead meetings
- Communicate with contractors and vendors
- Time and effort required to meet specified deadlines
- Travel Requirements: 25-50% travel
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to communicate with people
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals, which require personal protective equipment
- Must be able to wear a respirator
- Exposure to process plant machinery
- Primarily office environment, but occasional outdoor work year around
- Required to carry a company cell phone