The Production Engineer supports Plant Management and production shifts in processes, improvements, safety, and unit operations. Participates in complex projects requiring close supervision. This position also participates in vacation and weekend coverage for daily operation in the production unit.
Major Tasks & responsibilities:
- Implementation of optimal operating and control strategy
- Technical support of shifts in respective units including multiple production technologies
- Problem-solving through fundamentally sound technical solutions (3rd level troubleshooting)
- Continuous check of process design and operation to improve yield, energy consumption, and throughput
- Project process support and/or Project management including multiple production technologies
- Participates in continuous improvement programs and cross-functional teams.
- Accountable for development, improvements, and maintenance of unit Standard Operating Procedures, Training plans, and Job Certification materials
- Create concepts for and deliver technical or safety unit training (incl. training material).
- The Production Engineer is responsible for further development, maintenance, and improvement of essential Covestro technologies.
- Coordination and Leading of plant safety and environmental initiatives
Daily production support
Represents site on global unit teams (GUTs) and other Business unit global initiatives as assigned.
- BS, MS, or PHD in Chemical Engineering.
- 0-2 years experience in engineering. Production plant experience or related engineering background preferred.
- Must be capable of passing position certification requirements.
WHAT YOU OFFER
- Engineer with an education/degree in a technical discipline,(Technician, BSc, MSc or advanced)
- 0-2 years combined experience in engineering and/or manufacturing
- Knowledge in technical good practices and Standards
- Proven track record of working in project and/or maintenance roles,(including turn-around) within the chemical industry
- Strong technical and economical competencies
- Good communication and project management skills
- Good leadership skills, able to steer a Team
- Good knowledge of engineer tools and skills in technical Software
- Good understanding of supporting processes associated with operations,& maintenance of a plant
- Local language as well as very good English skills