Reporting to the Plant Manager, this position leads the production department and their efforts in the safe and cost effective operation of the facility. This position is responsible for facilitating, directing and controlling as appropriate, all aspects of the production operation to ensure achievement of goals and objectives. This position ensures that the plant is operating in compliance with all regulatory and company policies, procedures and regulations.
• Plan, organize and direct the Manufacturing department.
• Work with team leaders to develop and implement plans to efficiently use materials, labor and equipment to meet production targets.
• Organize and facilitate as needed production shutdown/start-up for maintenance purposes
• Achieve project or departmental objectives within agreed time, cost, and quality parameters.
• Identify and resolve safety concerns or issues including accident/incident reporting, investigation and resolution.
• Ensure that manufacturing team members are responsible for their safety, the safety of their team members and the quality of our production
• Provide full cycle performance management support for direct reports
• Communicate with internal and external customers to ensure project plans and work in progress will meet desired outcomes.
- Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field
- 5 years of direct management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be a results driven leader
- Must be a strategic thinker, planner, able to drive continuous improvement and achieve results.
- Must have strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational, motivational and communication skills which can be demonstrated in an everyday work environment.
- Firm understanding of KPI’s and delivering results.
- Experience in developing and planning forecast and execute operating budgets.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including MS Outlook, Excel (i.e pivot tables, formula, conditional formatting etc), and Word.
- Experience within a chemical environment.
- Six Sigma or Lean manufacturing experience.
- Possess high professional ethics, dependability, good judgment and ability to take decisive action.
- Adhere to company safety and quality standards.
- Walking and climbing stairs in a plant environment
- Exposure to weather elements
- On call – carries a cell phone and responds to after hour emergencies