Chemical Engineer Process
Process Engineer and Sr Process Engineer
Our client is currently looking for 2 engineers for it's Wisconsin location. Reporting to the Plant Manager, this role will develop, evaluate, and improve the manufacturing methods utilizing knowledge of product design, materials, chemicals, and production equipment capabilities, manage and modify the Allen Bradley PLC control system to enhance operations, and maintain all quality control standards.
- Maintain the systems necessary to ensure quality of raw materials and finished products; provide primary support for all chemistry/quality related manufacturing issues; act as liaison between R&T, Technical Service, Marketing & Sales, and Production; provide guidance for department (Lab) activity and ensure it is within budget. Responsible for the Quality Analysts who reports to the Process Engineer.
- Monitor and improve the efficiency and output of the plant, ensure the manufacturing process works at optimal levels, maximize the rate and quality of all surface treaters in order to meet supply requirements.
- Provide technical advice on plant operations and improvements.
- Collaborates on the preparation of engineering analysis of projects that includes preliminary design, detailed design, project cost analysis, life cycle cost analysis and equipment selection.
- Assume responsibility for risk assessment, including hazard and operability (HAZOP) studies for the health and safety of both plant staff and the community. Apply principles of mass, momentum and heat transfer to process and equipment design, including conceptual, scheme, and detail design. Ensure that all aspects of the operation and process meet specified safety and environmental regulations.
- Manage the site QC Lab. Conduct routine and non-routine QC testing. Maintain all lab supplies for the main QC lab and the production QC labs.
- Leads Corrective and Preventative Action documentation and response, including leading the site in the discipline of Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action Planning.
- B.S. in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering (Pref Chemical but if chemical manufacturing experience other degrees are OK)
- 3-5 years plant maintenance/engineering/project engineering experience. However will consider fresh college graduates based on school program and GPA.
- Knowledge of distributive process control systems such as Emerson’s DeltaV system.
- Ability to work well with all levels of personnel throughout the facility.
- Knowledge of Aspen or other process simulation software.
- HAZOP Facilitation and PSM knowledge.
- On-call for Quality related production issues.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black belt.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer.