Chemical Design Engineer
PURPOSE: The Chemical Design Engineer will be a key contributor to this World-renowned Chemicals & Materials companies chemical and material delivery design needs across the Life Sciences division. The successful candidate will support development, engineering, and manufacturing projects to ensure chemical and materials process design needs are chosen and implemented to meet process needs – new product/process, scale up, expansion, or redesign. Role needs extensive experience with aseptic handling and clean in place practices and monitoring. Excellent company in an urban location in the Mid-Atlantic US.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Division level position responsible for providing technical expertise and strategic direction for chemical design and materials delivery.
- Responsible for developing/executing technical development, validation, process monitoring, and requalification activities related to the Life Science Products/Processes.
- Work collaboratively across project teams as assigned and assist in supporting division level process as well as strategic initiatives, which may include commercial product support, continuous improvement activities, innovation projects, or other activities related to chemical design and materials delivery.
- Identify, propose, and communicate opportunities for chemical design and materials delivery.
- Collaborate with vendors and engineers, both internal and external, who are able to support aseptic and clean process needs.
- Data and systems orientated process design and monitoring.
- B.S. in Engineering (materials, chemical, polymers, biomedical, material science, chemistry, physics, or physical science degree)
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience with aseptic chemical design and materials delivery.
- Experience with biological and Class I medical product chemical and material systems.
- Knowledge of key industry vendors as well as key manufacturing and equipment technology.
- Prior experience with aseptic and clean in place process design and monitoring.
- Creative/innovative problem-solving skills.
- Strong experimental practices; can understand fundamentals and recognize deviations and implement routine solutions.
- Medical device and life sciences product Quality Systems (QMS or similar) experience.
- Process design, monitoring, and control systems.
- Working knowledge of microbiological testing, biocompatibility and associated international standards to ensure system efficacy.
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma, DMAIC, KT, or other problem solving/efficiency tools.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written, including accurate recording of experiments, creating detailed documents, and reporting out or presentation within team.