We are looking for a talented and experienced Technical Director to lead, develop and train our technical team. We need a self-motivated individual with proven technical and managerial experience. In this position you will be responsible to define, articulate and implement the organisation's strategy for product and process development as well as key R&D projects.
Daily tasks and responsibilities include:
- Lead key projects with R&D to support business goals.
- Develop research programs incorporating current developments to improve existing products and study the potential of new products.
- Understand customer expectations on to-be produced coatings.
- Determine and execute improved technologies used by suppliers, competitors, and customers.
- Support General Director to hire and develop R&D personnel.
- Establish project goals and priorities by collaborating with Sales & Marketing and Operations.
- Transfer new technologies, products, and manufacturing processes into and out of the company.
- Research, design and evaluate materials, processes, and equipment.
- Suggest training tools to enhance employee performance and skill development.
- Monitor team metrics and objectives ensuring meeting of goals.
- Document all phases of research and development.
- Manage customer relationships and perform customer visits and product testing.
- Establish and maintain testing procedures for assessing raw materials, in-process and finished products.
- Oversee complex research projects, analyse results and provide recommendations based on findings.
- Assess the scope of research projects and ensure they are on time and within budget.
- Be present at industry conferences on research topics of interest.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the coatings or chemical industry
- Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills; team player and independent worker
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Must be able to communicate in English