Strivant Health partners with physician practices to improve revenue cycle operations by optimizing people, processes and technology. We provide best in class Medical Billing, Collections, Call Center, Credentialing and Analytics that are all designed to focus on maximizing our provider clients’ revenue. This allows our client providers to stay focused on the practice of medicine, rather than the business of medicine. We have worked with over 4,000 providers representing 25 different specialties and over 30 technology platforms in our 20+ years of business.
Benefits: Strivant Health offers its employees excellent benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, 401(k), paid holidays, PTO.
Location: This position reports into our Tinley Park, IL office during your training period. The role can turn to a hybrid remote with two days onsite and three days remote, once you have checked out of your training period. Our Tinley Park office is located at: 7851 West 185th St., Ste 200, Tinley Park, IL 60477.
Hours: Monday - Friday. 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Status: Full Time, benefits eligible
Charge Entry Representative - Entry Level
The Charge Entry Representative reviews patient records and enters charge results into the practice management billing system to expedite compliant and proper billing. Stays abreast of charging guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements.
- Receives and reviews charge documents
- Researches and obtain required information or documents to resolve misdirected/unclear charge entry issues
- Ensures charge information provided is correct and accurate
- Balances charge summary to tickets keyed before updating charges
- Enters CPT-4 and diagnosis charges in a timely manner in a high-volume setting
- Analyzes and resolves charge edits and reviews/audits own entry to prevent errors
- Keeps management apprised of matters regarding charge entry including errors and escalations
- Participate and attend meetings, training seminars and in-services to develop job knowledge.
- Respond timely to emails and telephone messages from the staff and management.
- Meets or Exceeds Department Productivity depending on client assignments
- Meets or Exceeds Quality Assurance standard of 95% or higher
- Maintains own desk as well as serves as back up for team members that may be absent or backlogged.
- Incumbents are required to have physical attendance onsite at a Strivant Health approved office location to perform the duties of the role by regularly interacting with managers, other staff members, & clients.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- High School diplomas or equivalency
- One or more years of prior general office experience, specifically within roles requiring high volume numeric data entry with a focus on accuracy.
- Requires a minimum of one year prior experience in medical billing, charge entry, payment posting, or accounts receivable types of roles OR prior completion of related medical billing & coding healthcare schooling in lieu of experience
- Prior related medical billing & coding healthcare schooling completion preferred.
- May be required to pass a typing and numeric entry pre-employment test
- Ability to effectively use a personal computer and working knowledge of spreadsheet application to perform data entry and analysis (must be proficient in Excel and Word).
- Communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with internal/external customers in various circumstances.
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team setting to maximize quality and efficiently of operations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to establish and meet deadlines while managing multiple priorities.
We are looking forward to reviewing your resume!
No agencies, please