Under the supervision of the Director of Surgical Services, this position assists with surgical procedures under the guidance of surgeons, registered nurse(s), or additional O.R. personnel.
- Performs scrub activities based on principles of aseptic technique, infection control, universal precautions guidelines, environmental control, and life safety guidelines: anticipates needs of patient and surgeon; demonstrates critical thinking skills and prioritize activities when performing the scrub role; under supervision of the RN, demonstrates the ability to prepare medications for procedures to be used by physicians; knows of routine drugs used intra-operatively, dosages, and/or concentration and appropriate route of administration
- Prepares and knows the specific uses of equipment, instrumentation, and supplies used for surgical procedures.
- Locates and operates equipment. Handles and operates equipment properly. Initiates service requests and reports to supervisor action taken when a malfunction of equipment occurs.
- Performs scrub role, without assistance by locating supplies, equipment, and instruments; prepares operating room utilizing preference cards to set up surgical instruments and equipment; independently prepares the sterile field for adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients for the intra-operative experience; differentiates and demonstrates knowledge of sterilization methods required for instruments or equipment.
- Implements and maintains preference cards in an updated complete form utilizing automated process and clinical information systems appropriately and efficiently.
- Identifies potential risks to patients identifies risks to patients to reduce the incidence of injury; identifies actions to eliminate, minimize or report risks; identifies procedures to follow in the event of an incident; reports processes for common problems, failures and user errors.
Training & Education:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Surgical Technology
- Current Surgical Technician Certification with the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) required. Individuals hired prior to August 1, 2007, and who graduated from a program that was not recognized by the NBSTSA at the time of their graduation are exempt from the certification requirement.
- Recent graduates are welcome to apply for this role.
This role is a direct hire and includes a comprehensive benefits package, PTO, and eligibility to participate in the group 401(k) plan.
For immediate consideration, email a copy of your resume to the recruiter working on this search.
Aaron Rodriguez, Recruiter