Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
Provides anesthesia under the direction of an anesthesiologist for diverse surgical procedures and diagnostic tests. Participates in the clinical instruction of nurse anesthesia students. Key Responsibilities are performed under the direction of the anesthesiologists according to the policy and procedures of the Department of Anesthesiology.
Reports to Chief Anesthetist for operational issues and to Anesthesiologist for clinical.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Required: Graduate of an accredited Nurse Anesthesia program.
LICENSE, CERTIFICATION AND/OR REGISTRATION:
- Nebraska Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist license.
- Current BLS certification
- Current ACLS certification
TRAITS & SKILLS:
Must be self-directed / self-motivated; must have good communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to:
(1) perform a variety of duties often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure;
(2) accept responsibility for the direction, control and planning of an one’s own work;
(3) work independently;
(4) recognize the rights and responsibilities of patient confidentiality;
(5) convey empathy and compassion to those experiencing pain, physical or emotional distress and/or grief;
(6) relate to others in a manner which creates a sense of teamwork and cooperation;
(7) communicate effectively with people from every socioeconomic, cultural and educational background;
(8) exhibit flexibility and cope effectively in an ever-changing, fast-paced healthcare environment;
(9) perform effectively when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual or dangerous situations;
(10) demonstrate the quality work ethic of doing the right thing the right way; and
(11) maintain a customer focus and strive to satisfy the customer's perceived needs.
To take your first step to this new opportunity e-mail your resume to:
Aaron Rodriguez, Recruiter
Main (512) 444 6400 x92 Direct Dial (214) 618 5007