To inspect, repair and maintain mechanical equipment in and out of plant and reports condition of equipment to supervisor. This position offers a wide range of interesting hands on challenges while working with specialized equipment, and processes. Located in the scenic Ottawa Valley west of Renfrew we have an immediate opening for a Certified Industrial Millwright.
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Company social events including company BBQs, service awards, children and adult winter holiday parties, and annual golf tournament
• Employee Assistance Program
• Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
• Free parking
• Repair parts, lubricants, steel sections, wood and plastics, foundry resins and catalysts, compressed gas, chlorethane and So2 gas.
• Recieves work assignment from foreman or production personnel in the event of breakdown.
• Performs preventive maintenance inspection on equipment and reports.
• Trouble shoots mechanical-hydraulic, CNC and pneumatic equipment.
• Notifies supervisor of any repairs required.
• Maintains equipment for proper operating characteristics.
• Assembles and aligns gears, bearings and shafts, etc.
• Operates machine tools necessary to perform maintenance tasks.
• Performs steel fabrication as required with or without drawings.
• Performs all woodworking jobs as required.
• May be required to perform preventative maintenance and repairs to for lift trucks, other than propane.
• Fills out work orders on completion of jobs.
• Works at various heights performing required maintenance.
• Cleans up after completing job.
• Plumbing as required.
• Notifies foreman of any job irregularities, faulty equipment or material.
• Maintains clean working area.
• Observes plant safety rules and regulations.
• Completion of a formal apprenticeship training program.
• A minimum of 3 years related experience
• Possess strong troubleshooting skills
• Mechanical aptitude, and knowledge of mechanical electrical systems
• Experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, welding and experience with Preventative Maintenance programs will be considered assets
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!