To inspect, test, repair, install and make electrical repairs to all types of electrical equipment and electronic systems and special control processes.
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Company social events including company BBQs, service awards, children and adult winter holiday parties, and annual golf tournament
• Employee Assistance Program
• Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
• Free parking
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Inspects and tests equipment to determine the extent of damage and nature of repairs required.
• Analyzes all types of circuits, wiring diagrams and drawings as required.
• Plans details of working procedure and determines tools and materials required.
• Locates source of trouble in any type of electrical equipment or apparatus by tracing and testing circuits and inspection for mechanical failure
• Dismantles, inspects repairs, replaces or adjusts faulty parts and wiring on electrical equipment, such as motors, generators, breakers, transformers, hydraulic and magnetic brakes, panel boards and resistance banks.
• Re-assembles, test and adjusts equipment to obtain proper operating characteristics
• Re-wires, insulates and paints electrical apparatus as required
• Makes all necessary mechanical repairs to electronic equipment being services, including replacement, repair and installation of sleeve and anti-friction bearings, gears, shafts, pins, etc.
• Maintains, installs or repairs all cable services or wiring.
• Five year formal apprenticeship program.
• Hold an Ontario Government approved Construction and Maintenance Licence.
• PLC Specific Training Courses.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!