Responsible for product selection, placement, promotional activity and pricing for all products with assigned categories. Negotiates merchandise contracts with vendors. Tracks overall sales performance within their assigned categories and develops assortment, promotions and category plans to achieve sales and margin targets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for decision making for supplier contracts, program selection, pricing and new products selection.
- Meet yearly financial performance goals while maintaining the long-term health of assigned categories.
- Provide customer focused support to field personnel at all levels for merchandising and category issues.
- Analyze category data, monitor trends and develop reports to keep internal business partners and management updated on the health of assigned categories and programs.
- Negotiate contracts to support financial goals and to generate new ideas and programs for assigned categories.
- Maximize vendor rebate programs and ensure funding meets or exceeds contract agreements.
- Monitor and influence supply chains as necessary to ensure product availability and achievement of category objectives.
- Develop and execute annual category business plans including SWOT analysis, sales and margin analyses, and growth initiatives.
- Develop product assortment, merchandising standards, planograms and promotion calendars to improve sales and margin for the category.
- Create merchandise promotions and materials to improve sales and margin for the assigned categories.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, merchandising, marketing, negotiation, business administration, etc. Equivalent to a four-year college degree, plus 5 years related experience and/or training, and 4 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
**Retail C STORE exp is a huge plus