Our Fortune 300, $13B client, is a leader in their retail business segment with sales and profit increases year-after-year and record-breaking earnings for 2020. Forbes also recognized them as being one of America's Best Employers.
Reports To: Director of Merchandising
As part of an elite team of business drivers, you will have full category ownership, with direct responsibility for key metrics and the growth and strategic development of your categories. By creating strategic expansion plans, implementing new products, determining proper product placement, and leveraging marketing and promotional opportunities, you will deliver the right products in the right stores at the right prices.
Analyzing market research and leveraging a wide variety of data, you will gain an understanding of industry, consumer, and category trends. You will then translate those insights into actionable strategic business recommendations to executive leadership and collaborate with other Category Managers to implement go-to-market strategies to achieve goals and objectives.
You will also build productive domestic and international vendor relationships, partnering with the product development team to identify sourcing opportunities for cost savings and negotiating programs. You will select quality vendors, developing and nurturing those relationships, and negotiating the best terms.
- Business Development - Identify market needs and develop strategies to fill them, build strategic partnerships, develop market opportunities.
- Pre-Line Reviews/Line Reviews - Build attractive assortments to grow business by creating business plans to deliver coverage, sales, gross margin, and profits.
- Category Management - Category contribution responsibility, gross margin control, category growth, contract review, and vendor management, including negotiations and development.
- Planogram – Build and maintain the planogram while ensuring enough product to maintain in-stock position.
- Category Insight – Conduct store and market visits and research the competition research.
- Store Support & TeamDevelopment – Ensure customer satisfaction through product assortments and attractive pricing; develop Assistant Category Manager capabilities and skills.
- Marketing - Create marketing plans, brand development, and promotions.
- Supply Chain - fill rate, special orders, recalls, return to vendor, return to stock, order follow up.
- Bachelor's degree (BA, BS) or equivalent.
- 5-7 years of retail buying or category management experience; automotive aftermarket and accessories category management experience is preferred.
- An understanding of accounting, basic manufacturing, and supply chain principles, including EDI and logistics.
- International experience is also a plus as there will be limited travel, some International.