Strivant Health partners with physician practices to improve revenue cycle operations by optimizing people, processes and technology. We provide best in class Medical Billing, Collections, Call Center, Credentialing and Analytics that are all designed to focus on maximizing our provider clients’ revenue. This allows our client providers to stay focused on the practice of medicine, rather than the business of medicine. We have worked with over 4,000 providers representing 25 different specialties and over 30 technology platforms in our 20+ years of business.
Office work location: . 6100 Tower Circle, Franklin, TN 37067. The position is based onsite in an office setting. This is not a remote position
Hours: Monday - Friday. 8:00 AM-4:30 PM
This is a temporary position for a 4-6 month project
The Cash Research QA has expertise in accounts receivables as well as cash applications posting. This role is responsible for researching payors (primary and secondary) and determining eligibility. Inherent in this role is the daily application of cash processing and reconciliation of payments to the physician accounts receivables. Knowledge of insurance reimbursement is critical. Reviews AR postings to ensure payments are applied correctly and appropriately. Reconciles adjustments related to prior payments posted as well as auditing and correction of rejected payments. Research and resolve unapplied/unidentified cash postings. Responsible for identifying inappropriate adjustment/discounts taken by payors and forwarding them to the appropriate Accounts Receivable Representative. Handling remits and understanding of copays and deductibles is essential. Performs a daily audit to balance all cash application transactions to ensure accuracy to the Accounts Receivable and General Ledger. This position holds additional duties with respect to research and participation in root cause analysis to identify process improvements. Participation in quality audits with possible exposure to multiple practice management systems is expected.
- Applies knowledge of AR and cash posting with daily deposits and the researching of exception items.
- Under immediate supervision, responsible for the posting of daily deposits and the researching of exception items.
- Applies payments, adjustments, and denials to customers' accounts on a daily basis.
- Researches check, credit card and EFT exceptions on a daily basis.
- Responds to internal departments regarding payment and/or questions/issues. Escalates to Supervisor when necessary.
- Reconcile all electronic postings for applicable Payors.
- Reconcile unidentified accounts weekly to avoid unidentified payments remaining in the account longer than 15 days.
- Analyze and resolve moderately complex electronic posting reconciliations and conducts reviews of own entry to prevent errors
- Maintains a desk as well as serve as just-in-time staffing, working inventory for team members that may be absent or backlogged.
- Update registration information, post denial codes and adjustments in practice management systems
- Research and obtain required documents to resolve misdirected payment issues
- Independently identifies root cause issues and effectively resolve complex misdirected payment issues; categorize error reasons and coordinate with management or other team members to ensure process improvements are completed
- Completes reports and resolve high priority cash posting issues
- Provide technical assistance, coaching and training to other team members
- Provides periodic quality assurance checks
- Assist in special projects assigned by management.
- Participate and attend meetings, training seminars and in-services to develop job knowledge.
- Respond timely to emails and telephone messages from the staff and management.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- High School diplomas or equivalency
- A minimum of 3 years of general office experience, specifically within roles requiring high volume numeric data entry with a focus on accuracy required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in payment posting and cash research in a medical billing in a medical accounts receivables environment where this was the primary responsibility of your position
- A minimum of 1 year of prior experience translating payment posting error trending and quality assurance and translating these results into process improvements with minimum supervision
- May be required to pass a typing and numeric entry pre-employment test
- Attention to detail with the ability to identify/resolve problems and document the outcome
- Ability to complete mathematical calculations in order to complete required reports.
- Ability to effectively use a personal computer and working knowledge of spreadsheet application to perform data entry and analysis (must be intermediate in Excel and Word).
- Interpersonal skills needed to explain and interpret ledgers and accounts to employees and managers.
- Communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with internal/external customers in various circumstances.
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team setting in order to maximize quality and efficiently of operations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to establish and meet deadlines while managing multiple priorities.
We are looking forward to reviewing your resume!
No agencies, please!
Search tags: Patient Access, Patient Financial Rep, Revenue Cycle, RCM, Accounts Receivables Rep, Patient Account Rep, Patient Service Rep, Account Rep, Medical Coding, Medical Credentialing, Medical Referrals, Medical Billing, Payment Posting, Cash Applications
Job Type: Full-time