Case Manager Trainer
You will organize, monitor, develop, secure and/or facilitate training and in-services for staff to ensure compliance with state training requirements and best practices for the organization; create and maintain records of training, prepare various reports, assist with the coordination of registration, travel and accommodations related to training.
- Identify training needs; develop training plans, design and implement programs and in-services that meet training needs and state requirements for the organization.
- Coordinate and conduct new employee orientation, including computer applications, policies and procedures.
- Schedule and organize education, in-service and training opportunities including, but not limited to: arranging for speakers, presentations, room and refreshments, staff accommodations to attend conferences and training, and monitoring and scheduling attendance of training by staff.
- Maintain, monitor and document staff’s continuing education units, education and training activity.
- Assist with procurement and maintain inventory of printed and audiovisual materials of current behavioral health information.
- Assist staff with the development of various presentations.
- Act as a liaison between the program and the Community stakeholders to develop joint training opportunities related to the care of mutual clientele.
- Facilitate presentations and in-services about Behavioral Health Services to various Community organizations.
- Compile, prepare and submit various reports.
- Participate in departmental orientation, on the job training and quality assurance programs/initiatives.
- Participate in a variety of department and hospital educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels; identify and discuss performance or training needs with Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Counseling, Social Work or closely related field; equivalent combination of education and experience; Master’s degree preferred.
- Must have at least 2 years previous experience with state behavioral health systems.
- Experience in training and presentations preferred.
- Current State of Arizona driver’s license.
For more information, call Ren'e Pelayo at 602 788-5890 x116 and send your resume to Rene@apnusa.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.