As a recognized leader in our field, The Guidance Center provides a broad range of services that have helped children, adults and families unlock potential and build better lives for more than 60 years. With 25 programs we offer treatment, prevention, growth and education services to more than 23,000 people annually. Together we: Nurture development. Foster resilience. Cultivate well-being.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Intensive Case Manager/Hospital Liaison to join our team of talented professionals. This position also allows the flexibility to work from home at least 2 days a week.
As an Intensive Case Manager/Hospital Liaison in the Adult Behavioral Health Program, you will be responsible for the following:
- Provide intensive case management and transitional support services to adults with serious mental illness 18 years of age and older who are at risk for psychiatric hospitalization, those who have already been admitted to inpatient psychiatric facilities and those who have demonstrated a high risk for readmission or repeated use of emergency psychiatric services.
- The ICM is responsible to provide a “welcoming” experience and conduct thorough and comprehensive case management assessments with adults diagnosed with serious mental illness in an effort to accurately identify their service needs and preferences.
- Maintain an acute awareness of services, therapeutic activities and supports available within and outside of the agency that may be of benefit to individuals and their families.
- Responsible to help ensure access to services, benefits and entitlements, monitor and coordinate the delivery of services with other treatment team members, service providers and community organizations.
- Regular travel to inpatient, residential and community settings is required.
- Advocacy efforts include community outreach and transportation assistance as needed.
- Regular working hours are Monday through Thursday 8:30 am to 7 pm and Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm. Some evening and/or weekend hours may be required.
To qualify for this position, you will need the following:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or Counseling.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work with a State of Michigan license is preferred.
- Candidates must obtain the Qualified Mental Health Professional credential within 120 days of hire.
- Candidates must possess a CADC or CAADC credential, or be on an active, approved registered MCBAP certification Development Plan within six weeks of hire. Upon hire, the application must be submitted for the Development Plan to MCBAP, with or without the required trainings, within 30 days of hire, or they will not be permitted to provide services. Documentation of required trainings must be submitted with the Development Plan Application or within 90 days of hire.
- Must have one year of experience (may include time spent in fieldwork or internship) treating or working with adults who have been diagnosed with serious mental illnesses.
- Candidates must have the ability to engage adults diagnosed with serious mental illness, their families and supporters.
- They must have expertise in helping clients identify their service needs and preferences, helping them build on their individual strengths, resources and supports, and navigate the network of services available at the agency and in the community.
- Candidates must have an orientation toward providing community outreach services and must have the ability to appropriately handle crisis situations.
- Additional requirements include a nonjudgmental approach that reflects cultural competency and sensitivity to the unique needs and diverse experiences of adults with mental illness, their families and providers.
- Candidates must be able to work independently, utilize technology effectively, and demonstrate effective organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record, and obtain a Michigan Chauffeur License within 30 days of employment.
The Guidance believes that our team members are our most valuable resources, and we invest in them accordingly. We offer our employees a competitive salary, flexible scheduling opportunities, a team-oriented work environment and much more! If you are interested in becoming part of our world-class team, please submit your resume on-line at www.guidance-center.org/careers.
The Guidance Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Click here to apply online