As a recognized leader in our field, The Guidance Center provides a broad range of services that have helped children, adults and families unlock potential and build better lives for more than 60 years. With 25 programs, we offer treatment, prevention, growth and education services to more than 23,000 people annually.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Case Manager II to join our team of talented professionals. This position also allows the flexibility to work from home at least 2 days a week.
As a Case Manager II, you will be responsible for:
- Conduct integrated health, case management and other clinical assessments necessary to identify areas of need and service preferences;
- Gather and integrate information from all available sources, including consumer self-reports, reports from family members, guardians and Adult Foster Care providers, documented medical and treatment history, needs surveys, assessments from other disciplines, etc.;
- Utilize motivational interviewing techniques to assess and articulate the motivation of consumers to address specific needs identified during the assessment process;
- Assist consumers in determining their eligibility for entitlements, community services and supports;
- Provide consumers, family members and guardians with complete and accurate information regarding services, supports and other resources available to meet needs identified during the assessment process;
- Consider and promote the utilization of group and support services;
- Assist with the development of comprehensive and integrated Individualized Plans of Service with consumers and other members of the treatment team (consistent with principles of Person-Centered Planning, Integrated Dual Disorder Treatment, Self-Determination and current Medicaid Guidelines);
- Provide face-to-face interventions to each assigned consumer at least monthly;
- Conduct home visits and community outreach as needed to help engage consumers, identify needs and barriers, and assure access to services and supports;
- Link consumers to community services and supports based on the needs and preferences identified in their Individualized Plans of Service;
- Conduct skill building interventions with individual consumers and groups of consumers as indicated in their Individualized Plans of Service;
- Maintain regular contact with treatment team members and other providers to monitor and coordinate service delivery efforts;
- Reassess the service needs and preferences of consumers as needed, at a minimum every six months;
- Coordinate the client’s primary and other health care providers to assure continuity of care.
- Coordinate and assist with crisis intervention and discharge planning, including community supports after hospitalization.
- Facilitate the transition process from inpatient setting to the community, including follow up services.
- Conduct crisis planning with client.
- Provide clients with after hour crisis information.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with local providers and community organizations;
- Develop, organize and routinely update a file of community resources;
- Participate in regularly scheduled clinical supervision, case consultations, case management and team meetings;
- Document all face-to-face service activity and phone contact pertaining to consumers;
- Perform within acceptable standards of productivity;
- Complete all documentation within expected timeframes;
- Respond in writing to routine chart reviews and audits;
- Maintain appropriate state licensure or certification;
- Complete 25 hours of program and/or position specific training on an annual basis;
- Maintain appropriate professional ethics and boundaries;
- Abide by all Guidance Center policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned.
To qualify for this position, you will need the following:
- Must have a minimum of a Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or Counseling and possess the corresponding State of Michigan licensure Candidates without a state license can be considered but must obtain a state licensure (LLMSW, LLPC, TLLP, LMSW, LPC or LLP) within a 60-day training period beginning on the date of hire. This period may be extended by up to an additional 60 days of training at the sole discretion of the employer. Failure to obtain licensure within the training period will result in the employee being unqualified to perform work functions. Beyond the training period, all state licensure must continually remain active, in effect, and free from disciplinary action.
- Candidates must obtain the Qualified Mental Health Professional credential within 120 days of hire.
- Must have one year of experience (may include time spent in fieldwork or internship) treating or working with people who have been diagnosed with mental illness.
- Must have a valid Michigan Chauffeur License and a good driving record.
- Must have the ability to engage adult mental health consumers, their families and supporters.
- Must be an expert in helping consumers identify their service needs and preferences and helping them build on their individual strengths, resources and supports to navigate the network of services available at the agency and in the community.
- Must have an orientation toward providing community outreach services.
- Additional requirements include a nonjudgmental approach that reflects cultural competency and sensitivity to the unique needs and diverse experiences of adults with mental illness, their families and providers.
- Candidates must be able to work independently, demonstrate effective organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to appropriately handle crisis situations.
The Guidance believes that our team members are our most valuable resources, and we invest in them accordingly. We offer our employees a competitive salary, flexible scheduling opportunities, a team-oriented work environment and much more!
If you are interested in becoming part of our world-class team, please submit your resume on-line by logging onto our website at www.guidance-center.org/careers
The Guidance Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Click here to apply online