Position: Case Manager - JP5143
Duration: 1 year contract with potential extension or conversion to PERM
- The Halifax Absence Management Solutions department is looking for an individual with a high focus on customer service to join their team as a Bilingual Case Manager.
- Reporting to the Associate Manager, Absence Management Solutions, the Case Manager will provide case management services to reduce the duration of plan sponsors' employees work absences.
- The position will contribute to the overall profitability of Group Disability by facilitating a timely return to work for our plan sponsors' employees.
- This role is front-line client facing and has accountability for delivering superior client services and effective communication to employees and employers throughout the life of the case.
- The focus of the Case Manager is to work towards health, productivity and positive financial outcomes for the plan sponsor and its employees
- Develop, monitor and implement innovative case management services focusing on reducing the duration of plan sponsors employee work absences Identify and resolve disability and workplace issues through direct contact/phone consultation with plan sponsors, employees, physicians and other health care professionals
- Makes recommendations on referrals to appropriate work facilitation resources
- Manage medical/non-medical and complex cases using a goal oriented plan
- University degree in Occupational Health, Psychology, Kinesiology or related rehabilitation field or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years of work experience in a clinical setting in a health related field, preferred
- 2-3 years of case management experience preferred
- Sound knowledge of occupational health issues, vocational rehabilitation and disability insurance
- Good understanding of medical terminology
- Strong PC skills - Windows, Word and Excel
- Completion of some related insurance industry course helpful
- Excellent listening skills with the ability to quickly identify relevant issues and stakeholder need
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strength in customer service and conflict management skills
- Proven analytical, organization and decision making skills