Case Aide Worker
Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families through culturally appropriate behavioral health, affordable housing, and community development services
This facility provides the necessary stability to the residents of the property through enforcement of community and program rules, life skills education, some case management services, and enforcement of all property rules and state and federal laws for residents residing at our properties.
- Case management at these communities relies on the collaboration and communication of this case aide, case manager, property manager and any other outside support systems.
- Initiate contact with hard-to-engage residents
- Maintain the daily shift report and document all resident communications
- Complete job readiness tasks, such as assisting residents with online job applications and resume writing
- Organize and facilitate social activities, including creating flyers and promoting events
- Complete daily shift tasks, such as property safety walks and cleaning duties
- Manage inventory of soft goods. Notify the Supervisor when goods need to be ordered.
- Collaborate on the monthly community meetings and work to improve the payment history, health and safety issues, and resident conduct through the community through one on one education of the residents as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year experience in service delivery or any combination of related education, professional training or work experience which demonstrates the ability to successfully perform duties
- Knowledge of the economic, educational and social problems of our clients and referral services
- Must be able to work well with others in a team approach
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Experience in working with the Native American population preferred
- Possess and maintain a valid Arizona driving license and reliable transportation
- MS Office skills
- Covid Vaccinne
Native American Preference: Preference is given to qualified Native American Applicants in accordance with the Indian Preference Act. If claiming a preference, a copy of valid documentation will be necessary.
For more information, contact Rene at 602-788-5890 x116 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org