Cardiovascular Technologist (Echocardiographer)
- Degree: Certificate.
- Education: Graduate from a cardiovascular technologist program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) through the Joint Review Committee in Cardiovascular Technology (JRC-CVT).
- Registration: Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) as determined by the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI).
- Experience: One year of experience as an Echocardiographer after graduation.
Click here to apply online
- Perform duties within the scope of practice determined by didactic, laboratory, and clinical technological education and registration.
- Review and/or record pertinent patient history and supporting clinical data.
- Perform appropriate clinical procedures and obtain a record of anatomical, pathological, and/or physiological data for interpretation by a physician.
- Exercise discretion and judgment in the performance of cardiovascular diagnostic and therapeutic services.
- Perform a full range of cardiac diagnostic ultrasound examinations. • Operate equipment identified in the TO. Perform daily warm up and assigned quality control checks of the equipment
- Receive patients and explain procedures, providing humane and appropriate care and communication to alleviate fear of examination. Correctly position the patient for the examination and make adjustments necessary for the required examination.
- Input key test data and patient information into computer of equipment to maintain record of test results.
- Identify abnormalities during testing and determine the need for additional scans of affected area.
- Recognize anatomic variants and determine which other area(s) of the body should be scanned.
- Maintain and clean equipment on a regular basis in accordance with MTF policy. Stock and maintain an adequate level of supplies required for diagnostic procedures. Recommend necessary repairs when diagnostic quality is degraded.