Cardiothoracic Coder - Profee - REMOTE
Strivant Health partners with physician practices to improve revenue cycle operations by optimizing people, processes and technology. We provide best in class Medical Billing, Collections, Call Center, Credentialing and Analytics that are all designed to focus on maximizing our provider clients’ revenue. This allows our client providers to stay focused on the practice of medicine, rather than the business of medicine. We have worked with over 4,000 providers representing 25 different specialties and over 30 technology platforms in our 20+ years of business.
Location: This is a remote position.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM, full-time
Status: Full-Time, 40 hours a week
Benefits: Benefits eligible. We offer BCBS plans for health, dental and Vision through EyeMed. We also have company sponsored life Insurance, plus voluntary STD, LTD, critical illness, ID theft, travel insurance, 401(k) and much more. Benefits start the first of the month following your hire date.
The Coding Specialist will code cardiothoracic professional fee services (physician-based) for Hospital E/M, Office E/M, Incident To Guides, Mid-Level, global packages, Medicare Provider Fee Schedule Database, Assistant Surgeon, and Co-Surgeon in compliance with the official coding guidelines as supported by clinical documentation in the health record. The coder will validate data elements that are integral to appropriate payment methodology.
Discusses with internal leaders and Quality Assurance staff on best practices, methodology, and tools for accurately coding Professional Fee services.
- Chart Analysis and abstraction of professional fee (physician services) coding
- Adheres to Standards of Ethical Coding (AHIMA and AAPC).
- Reviews medical records to determine accurate required abstracting elements (facility/client/payer specific elements)
- Reviews medical records for the determination of accurate assignment of all documented ICD-10-CM codes for diagnoses and procedures.
- Meets IQR and MQR expectations of 95% accuracy
- Ensures discretion with regards to patient medical records.
- Demonstrates ability to achieve accuracy and consistency in abstracting elements defined by SOW.
- Professional Development: Stays current with AMA, AAPC and AHIMA official coding guidelines and with CMS and other agency directives for ICD-10-CM and CPT coding. Maintains credentials and CEU’s annually including but not limited to annual ICD-10-CM and CPT updates. Attends Coding Update Meetings and all coding conference calls.
- Problem-solve insurance rejections and denial issues
- Uphold productivity standards / daily quota set by management
- High school diploma or equivalent, Associates degree in relevant field preferred
- A minimum of 3-years recent professional fee coding experience assigning ICD-10, CPT-4 and HCPC codes, E&M leveling and intermediate knowledge of level 1 & 2 modifiers is required
- A minimum of 2 years recent Cardiothoracic Coding experience.
- An active coding credential with the AAPC (CPC) or AHIMA (CCS, CCS-P) required, or ability to gain one of these certifications within 6 months of employment required.
- Must possess moderate knowledge of CCI edits and LCDs and be able to accurately apply regulation knowledge to coding situations
- Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 codes.
- Must be detail oriented and can work independently.
- Intermediate computer knowledge of MS Office.
Please submit your resume today!
No agencies, please.