Cardiac Cath Lab Tech
As a talented Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory Tech, your career is valuable to people with your special Cath Lab Tech skill set. You can make a difference! We are seeking qualified Cardiac Catheterization Lab Technician nationwide. You will assist the RN in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care of the Cath Lab patient. Assisting the physician with all procedures in the Cath Lab and be able to function in a call out situation by scrubbing and running the x-ray table. Take direction from Lead Tech as to other duties.
Responsibilities for Cath Lab Techs
- Scrub assist for all diagnostic and interventional procedures including preparation of supplies and instruments, preparation and maintenance of the sterile field, preparation and manipulation of cardiac catheters, guide-wires and devices
- Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- The Cath Lab Tech will arrange and inventory sterile set-up for surgery, and passes items as needed to the operating team
- The ideal Catheterization Lab Tech candidate will be collaborative, detail-oriented and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Cath Lab Tech - Education
- High school diploma and/or equivalent training
- Graduate of accredited school of Radiologist Technology
Cath Lab Tech - Certifications
- RCIS or ARRT Required
- BLS Required
- CPR required
- ACLS preferred
Cath Lab Tech - Experience
- 2 years of current experience working in acute care hospital
- 2 years of experience working in a Cath Lab
- Ability to maintain accurate medical record transcriptions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Problem solving skill set
- Works collaboratively with healthcare professionals for quality patient care