Our client is seeking a Capital Project Manager with experience in the plastic packaging industry.
This position will manage complex capital projects directly related to the manufacturing of containers. Review new products from a manufacturing perspective; manage multiple projects at multiple sites from conception to qualification with overall responsibility for productivity, timing and budget. Support productivity and cost reduction projects within manufacturing locations.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create bills of materials for new capital projects and provide support for the capital appropriation process.
- Ensure that corporate safety and environmental requirements are incorporated into the project scope and budget.
- Upon approval, refine feasibility studies, with input from Regional Directors, Plant Managers and Plant resources, into a mutually acceptable action implementation plan, which meets cost and timing criteria.
- Review plant infrastructure, layout and equipment against project requirements. Develop and manage plans for upgrades and expansion requirements.
- Analyze and evaluate the performance and cost of new, proposed or existing equipment. Includes evaluation of machinery, tooling, work flow, and vendors.
- Communicate and resolve technical, timing and budgetary issues related to projects as they arise. Publish weekly project status reports outlining projects status and issues.
- Create and maintain division level technical specifications, standards and documentation for Operations Engineering department.
- Communicate with plants on a regular basis to understand long term project performance and support resolution of plant issues.
- Review and comment on plant CEAV requests to ensure accuracy and compliance to standards.
Click here to apply online
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Minimum of seven years professional engineering experience in the plastics packaging industry, including seven years of project management experience. Knowledge of plant layouts and infrastructure equipment. Proven experience managing multiple resources and complex projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate technical information and to complete project assignments.
- Strong management, communication and people skills required to influence and manage multiple resources, most of which do not report to the senior program manager.
- Experience managing direct reports
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience in evaluating on-site manufacturing opportunities and managing on-site projects from concept to completion.
- Experience with SPC.