As a Canola Production Research Assistant, you will be part of a highly innovative team and have regional and global opportunities to contribute across scientific initiatives and crops through field, lab, and production plant research.
• Work alongside our Canola Production Research team in conducting small-plot research trials
• Develop and improve prototypes for innovative projects
• Assist with lab and field operations such as seed preparation, plot labeling, field notes taking, plot photo taking, sample shipping
• Having or working toward a degree in Mechanical Engineering is a plus, not a requirement. Someone with a mechanical background would be a fit as well.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, self-motivated and attentive to detail
• Strong motivational, organization and time management skills with ability to work independently
• A valid Canadian driver's license and clean driving record
• Ability to work long hours as required
• Farm equipment operating experience is preferred
- Work environment will be 30% office and 70% field. There will be no specific clothes required.
- 40 hours/ week. Occasionally they need to work on Saturdays and evenings from June to August, approximately 2 -3 times/month.
- They will be traveling within Southern Alberta, one to two hours drive from Lethbridge office. In July, daily traveling to fields in Southern Alberta will be required.
- 30% office and 70% field. Mix of indoors and outdoors.
- PPE will be provided.
- Possibility of extension, if needed.
- If inclement weather, contractor will either be sent home or assigned other duties that they can perform.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those considered will be contacted.
By applying to this position, you are agreeing to receive email communication from Hire Standard.