Cancer Genetic Counselor
As a talented and dedicated Genetic Counsel, your career is very valuable to people and with your special Genetics skill set, you can make a difference. We are seeking Cancer Genetic Counselors for acute care hospitals nationwide.
Responsibilities of the Cancer Genetic Counselor
- The Cancer Genetic Counselor assures great service, growth, development, and personnel management to ensure consistency in the Genetics department.
- The Genetic Counselor discusses testing options and the associated risks, benefits, and limitations with patients and families.
- Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the Cancer Genetics team.
- Interiews patients to obtain comprehensive medical histpries and document findings
- Master’s Degree in Genetic Counseling/Medical Genetics/HUman Genetics from an ABGC-accredited program required
- Board-certified by the American Board of Genetic Counseling
- 2 years of current experience working in acute care hospital
- 1 year of experience working as an Cancer Genetic Counselor
- Ability to administer all proper clinical care of patient
- Ability to maintain accurate medical record transcriptions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Problem solving skill set
- Works collaboratively with healthcare professionals for quality patient care