Assume national leadership for this global expert in animal nutrition.
Our client is a global leader in animal nutrition and feed additives and ingredients. With a policy of continuously researching, developing, and delivering innovative products and services to the feed industry, they contribute to feeding the planet in a high-quality, affordable, safe, and sustainable way. The company has numerous research centers and production facilities around the world and serves its customers in over 100 countries through a global distribution network.
With a focus on amino acids, vitamins, enzymes and specialty nutrition products and services, they innovate by listening to their market and by developing a portfolio of projects through regular meetings with technical teams, academia, clients, and partners. In this way, today’s needs will become tomorrow’s solutions.
The company dedicates significant resources and funding to improve animal feed, nutrition, and health, and through the creation of a technology accelerator, will research, select, and develop innovative, ground-breaking solutions for the future of animal nutrition. Moreover, the commitment and satisfaction of their employees is a key performance indicator for the business.
As Canada Country Manager, your opportunity will be to manage and execute the commercial activities of the company in Canada in support of policies, goals and objectives established by the North American management team. In this key, senior-level role reporting to the NA General Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Manage sales (budget, forecasting, sales, pricing, allocation, new product launch) and evaluate/recommend business opportunities in Canada for all market segments and all products.
- Establish strategic and marketing plans for Canada, working closely with NA management and other global representatives to achieve sales and margin objectives for all products, including recommendations for product positioning and pricing strategy.
- Directly service customers and non-customers in Quebec and Atlantic Canada and develop key account plans for target customers and prospects.
- Directly manage country key accounts.
- Directly supervise the activities of the commercial agent in Ontario and Western Canada and provide commercial/technical assistance for pricing, allocation management, technical support etc.
- Remain current in all aspects of the Canadian feed industry through market intelligence, maintaining relationships with industry influencers, associations, academia, and strategic partners, attending scientific/industry meetings and conferences etc.
Your success in this role will be supported by at least 10 years’ of increasingly responsible sales and marketing management experience with emphasis on business development and sales within the animal nutrition industry including, but not limited, to the feed additive/nutritional market. You will have a solid background of achievement in sales and operations management in Canada and experience in managing a P&L and a commercial agent partnership. You know and are known by the key players in the Canadian feed industry- feed companies, premix companies, associations, consultants, academia etc.- and have knowledge of the vitamin, amino acid, and enzyme market in Canada. You are familiar with production animal agriculture- poultry, swine, dairy, beef- and have basic knowledge of livestock nutrition and feed formulation.
Your Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business administration and management- or your MBA- in combination with excellent communication (bilingual preferred but not absolutely required) and leadership skills; strong analytic, problem solving and negotiating skills; your ability to work independently and as a member of a team; and your orientation to achieving results with the ability to set and exceed revenue and profit targets will make you a highly desired candidate.
Our client offers an attractive compensation package reflective of your experience and qualifications, consisting of base salary, incentive, benefit stipend, vehicle allowance and business tools. A relocation allowance may be provided if required.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity on which you personally might like more information, or you know someone who would, either apply now, or email Mike Bachner, VP, Practice Leader and Senior Recruiter on this file, today! firstname.lastname@example.org
Not the position for you? Consider our referral policy!
NOTE: Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application as we are not licensed to assist with immigration. Those with temporary work permits or those located outside of Canada cannot be retained in our database.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!
Click here to apply online