The Q.A. Calibration Technician, as a member of the Quality Team, participates in working with Quality, Metals Lab, Engineering and general employees in the inspection and calibration process.
Magellan Aerospace, Glendale offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
• Coordinate, perform and maintain calibration procedures, and take action in accordance to documented procedures when potential quality problems are identified
• Coordinate calibration schedule with suppliers and internal customers "' Suppmi Quality during audits and visits
• Maintain ERP activities such as generating and maintaining the calibration system
• Provide quality systems training and assistance to employees in quality decisions and measurement techniques
• Prepare appropriate inspection records and measurement reports
• Operate appropriate inspection records and measurement reports
• Operate precision measuring instrnments in accordance with approved procedures
• Verify, index, file and retrieve quality records
• Participate in problem solving activities
• Perform testing tasks and activities to ensure quality control of the sand used in the foundry
• Continually improve the organization and appearance of the sand-testing lab.
• Populate control charts from the sand testing
• Perform temperature uniformity surveys and system accuracy testing (SAT) to all furnaces and freezers in the plant
• Coordinate adjustments required to the thermal equipment (furnaces and freezer) according to the results of the surveys and SATs
• Control, monitor and analyze furnace operation
• Some programs may have vision requirements
• Other duties as assigned
• Technical degree in related field, or equivalent mix of education and experience
• 5 years quality related experience
• Knowledge in receiving and incoming inspection process and requirements
• Intimate knowledge of casting industry and/or heat treat process
• Familiar with dimensional (layout) inspection tools and techniques
• Knowledge of AS9100, IS09000 and NADCAP requirements Understanding of Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action
• Must have experience in Aerospace manufacturing with solid background in calibration and heat treat
• ASQ certification or equivalent experience
• Knowledge and experience working in a GMP environment
• Ability to read and interpret blue prints
• Ability to apply SPC (Statistical Process Control) o Strong organizational and time management skills
• Proficient computer skills including ERP systems
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!