Title: Cafe Supervisor
City: Palo Alto
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-3826365252
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Cafe Supervisor to work on-site with our client,a world-class university in Palo Alto, CA.
This is an at-will contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the cafe.
- Anticipate customer & store needs by constantly evaluating environment.
- Organizes opening & closing duties as assigned.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high traffic.
- Train/ supervise employees on drink preparation & proper use of coffee equipment adhering to Starbucks recipe standards.
- Coordinate with vendors & order supplies, as needed (i.e. paper products, coffee, milk and other ingredients).
- Follow proper cash handling procedures.
- Maintain records of daily, weekly and monthly revenues and expenses.
- Advise staff on the best ways to resolve issues with clients and deliver excellent customer service.
- Ensure all cafe areas are clean and tidy.
- Provide feedback to manager on issues/ concerns related to café.
- Follow health, safety and sanitation guidelines.
- At least two years of experience managing a food services area (cafe, cafeteria, etc).
- Prior experience as a barista or similar service.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.