*Great Pay * Great Benefits * Relo/Sign On
CVOR experience strongly required.
Operating room experience strongly preferred.
The primary purpose of the Cardiovascular Nurse is to work under the direction of the CV Surgeon and in collaboration with the CVOR Coordinator and team in accordance with hospital policy and appropriate laws and regulations. Assisting to provide a safe operation with optimal patient outcomes during the intraoperative phase of the CV perioperative experience.
- Currently licensed or eligible to be licensed by the Florida State Board of Nursing
- Required successful completion of Accredited Surgical First Assistant (RNFA, CFA or CSA) program
- CNOR certification
- BLS required, ACLS preferred.
- Required experience as a CVOR with endoscopic saphenous vein harvesting.
- Minimum 1-2 years as a CVOR RN
- 6am-6pm M-F or hours as required by job.
- On call weekends, evenings, holidays, and off-shifts
- Must be able to tolerate physically and mentally demanding work.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- An integral member of the CVOR team who maintains positive working relationships with patients, families, and coworkers inter- and intra-departmentally.
- Ability to perform all surgical skills as a 1st and/or 2nd assistant in surgical procedures related to cardiac, vascular, and thoracic.
- Required proficiency in endoscopic saphenous vein harvesting.
- In addition to 1st assisting responsibilities may include circulating, scrubbing and other duties assigned.
- Provides surgical site exposure, handling and/or cutting of tissues and providing hemostasis.
- Demonstrates understanding of suture types, skin types and closure of all incisions.
- Exceptional knowledge of anatomy
- Assists in setup of CVOR room in combination with entire CVOR team.
- Aids in transportation of the patient to and from the CVOR
- Possess active listening skills.
- Compassionate non-judgmental patient caregiver and advocate
- Serves as a mentor, preceptor and assists in training of others regarding team development.
- Adheres to policies, procedures and guidelines of the department and hospital.
- Maintains professional communication skills with physicians, nurses, and technicians.
- Adheres to time and attendance policies.
- Available for assigned/needed on-call.
**If interested or know an associate that wants to know more information about this amazing opportunity...
Jared Carrillo Executive Recruiter
Main 404 905 9777