Our client is a leading Supplier to Contractors and Industrial Companies in New York. They offer the largest selection of quality Lumber, Drywall, Board Products, Building Supplies, and Specialty Products as well as deliver them with personal, dependable service. Based in 1 of the 5 boroughs, this company has been a respected name in the industry for decades. They are looking for a CPA to join their team.
- Directs the preparation of all financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, reports to shareholders, tax returns, and reports for government regulatory agencies
- Oversees accounting departments, budget preparation, and audit functions
- Meets regularly with department heads to keep informed and to offer direction
- Reviews reports to analyze projections of sales and profit against actual figures, budgeted expenses against final totals, and suggests methods of improving the planning process as appropriate
- Analyzes company operations to pinpoint opportunities and areas that need to be reorganized, down-sized, or eliminated
- Confers with the President, Vice President of Sales, and division leaders to coordinate and prioritize planning
- Studies long-range economic trends and projects company prospects for future growth in overall sales and market share, opportunities for acquisitions or expansion into new product areas
- Estimates requirements for capital, land, buildings, and an increase in the workforce
- Supervises investment of funds; works with banks and/or investment bankers to raise additional capital as required for expansion
They provide an environment that challenges, motivates and rewards excellence. They offer extensive training as well as a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package, which includes, Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short and Long Term Disability, Vacation, Sick, and Holiday pay, and 401(k). SnapDragon Associates is a capable group of thinkers and doers dedicated to offering a full slate of recruiting and consulting services. Our firm is highly regarded, nationwide, as the best in the industry for the fact that we are all "lumber people" servicing lumber, millwork, hardware, and building material manufacturers, wholesalers, and retail companies. We specialize in providing these companies with Successful, Highly Qualified, and Motivated Professionals. You might say we are not a "Search Firm" but rather a "Find Firm." Our proven results positively impact the bottom line of companies all over North America. The lumber industry is taking off as demand and production rise! The growth our clients are experiencing daily is creating a constellation of new careers. For a complete listing of our current opportunities please visit us online at www.SnapDragonAssociates.com or contact us directly at 603.621.9037.
- Master's degree in business administration, accounting, or finance preferred
- C.P.A. designation preferred
- Knowledge of database and accounting computer application systems to supply the most accurate financial information
- Eight to ten years of experience in financial management in a manufacturing environment with increasing responsibilities for multi-faceted direction and planning