Robertson Ottawa is proactively recruiting on behalf of our Elections Canada Client and awarded contract to supply temporary resources during the upcoming Electoral Event.
Position Title: CORRESPONDENCE OFFICER
Government of Canada Security Clearance: Enhanced reliability
Languages: Bilingual – Advanced
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Start Date: May 16, 2019 (Tentative)
End Date: September 30, 2019
Daily Hours*: From: 8:00am to: 4:00pm
The main tasks of the Correspondence Officer involve providing written responses to enquiries received from the general public regarding “special voting rules” as well as drafting requests for elector information. Excellent people skills are required that centre on courtesy and customer service, strong written communication skills, familiarity with general office procedures, as well as the use of standard office equipment and software (Windows XP or higher, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
What you will achieve in this role
- Drafting written responses to inbound enquiries from the general public; and
- Drafting written correspondence to the general public requesting information to complete elector information.
- Offering support to the general public on the registration and voting process of the special voting rules;
- Selecting and adapting appropriate templates as required to respond to enquiries;
- Drafting customized responses to enquiries by the general public, for approval by supervisor;
- Examining and analyzing transaction records to identify correct information to convey in written responses to enquiries;
- Initiating outbound calls as required during peak periods and providing verbal responses to callers’ enquiries based on approved templates;
- Working in an automated environment;
- Working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines; and
- Shift work and overtime with little or no notice.
What you must bring to this role
Education: Secondary school diploma or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience at Elections Canada’s discretion is required.
Experience: Minimum of one year of relevant experience, including standard office software (Windows XP or higher, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and drafting correspondence (with or without templates).
Only those who are qualified will be contacted